Friday, April 26, 2013

GREAT NEWS!!!!

Marzette and Solange have been gone for almost three months now. Flaviette has had 2 calls from Solange, and none from Marzette. They aren’t living together so they have to use their employer’s phones to make calls. From what I had heard from Flaviette is that Solange and Marzette are “Salama tsara” (healthy) and that they have nice employers (which is a HUGE deal!).

But then, on Tuesday, April 23rd 2013 at approximately 3:07pm, I heard Flaviette calling my name. She took her 8 month pregnant belly to my door and when I opened it, she showed me the phone in her hand as she said “IT’S MARZETTE!” My beloved feisty little friend was ON THE PHONE!!! We only talked briefly because it’s expensive to call Madagascar from Kuwait. But she kept saying she was very good and that her employer was nice. Of course she also said “Saraha love you mean it and love you long time!” After the quick conversation, Flaviette and I burst into laughter and clapping as if we had just seen a hilarious Broadway show! We were ecstatic! Flaviette said something like “the prayer is good!” which I think means that she’s been praying for this and finally her prayers were answered.

I was able to save the number of Marzette’s employer and she said I can call whenever. It’ll be expensive, but I’m hoping to call every once in a while to check in. And especially on her birthday, June 15th.

And THEN on Thursday, April 25th, Flaviette told me that Solange had called her earlier that day. Solange said that her and Marzette had talked on Wednesday. (Awesome news!) Then Flaviette asked if I could go to the bank with her. "Handefa vola amin'ahy i Solange" (Solange is going to send me money). I couldn't hold back my tears! It was such a relief to be able to hear Marzette and Solange were able to talk, that Solange got in contact with Flaviette, and that she was able to send money back home! Trust me when I say, that's a HUGE DEAL!

I ask that you continue (or start) lifting up Marzette and Solange in your thoughts and prayers. I can’t imagine what it must be like for them – especially not being able to be in contact regularly with one another. But I know that there are people all over the world praying for them and especially for their safety. And I thank you, reader, for doing the same.

Love you long time!
~A very happy Saraha


No comments:

Post a Comment