Friday, January 11, 2013

Azafady! (Sorry)



I want to apologize for not writing a blog post in a while. My bad. There are several reasons as to why I haven’t taken the time to write one:

First off, it’s been a busy couple of months. I went on retreat with the rest of the Wafferherd. Then my sister came to visit. And I went on a getaway for the New Year’s holiday. 

I also avoid going to cyber cafes. It takes time, money, and lots of patience that I usually don’t like to invest in. 

Finally, I’ve been hesitant about writing blogs because of my insecurity with “passing on the story”. I wasn’t sure if anyone would be interested in what I had to say, so why put it out there. Also, my life here isn’t extravagant or glamorous, it’s simple. Beautiful, but simple. So I wasn’t sure if I had “blog worthy” material. I suppose I should write something… it’s been two months. What should I say? Does anyone even read this anyways? And then my beautiful friend, Krysten Knecht writes on my facebook wall and says something along the lines of “Girl! Where yo blog posts be at!!!” (ok, that’s not exactly how she said it, but you get the idea). 

And then I figured, whoever does read this blog – at least they’ll have a reference point when I get back. I suppose it’s better to throw things out there, despite my insecurities of how “good” my stories will be. 

So I’m making it a new year’s resolution to do at least 2 blog posts a month. Maybe more.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. And a special thanks to you, Teetah – for kicking my butt all the way from Ohio. 

Love ya, mean it!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    I think that every story that you have is blog worthy. It doesn't matter how "simple" it is. Because it is a story of your experience in a different country, that makes it extraordinary.
    Thank you for sharing your stories with us. I feel closer to you, and I understand a little more of your experience there because of them. They are all good stories, because they are your (and you are a good writer!)
    LYMI

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, You don't know me but I'm Kate's mom, Kathy. I hope some day we will have the chance to meet. I have been following all of the Mad YAGM's blogs because it brings me closer to my own daughter and what she too is experiencing and feeling. I find what each of you writes touches my heart deeply and most times brings me to tears. What you all have the opportunity to learn and experience is amazing even if you feel it is simple. Most times the simplest things can be the most profound. I love what you wrote about your breakfast time with mama. Just when we think we have it figured out the tables are turned. Keep writing and yes someone is reading and cares. Continued peace on your journey. Kathy Griewisch

    ReplyDelete